Tuesday 22 November 2016

late night thoughts - series 1

As a young adult, you are in a compromised position of not yet being an adult but letting go of being a teenager. Being in my last year of full time education doing my A Levels has made me worry more about what type of person is going to become of me in the future, than what type of person I am going to wake up as tomorrow. I am striving to become a successful, independent woman. But I am questioning what is it to be successful? I look at my mother, who is a single mum and raised myself and my younger sister and I see her to be a success. She has strength within her which I admire. Although she may not have the highest paying job in the world, she certainly has the most loving soul. Is success about getting good A Levels, finding a perfect house, a well paid job and driving round in a nice car? Or is it about having good morals and a loving heart, no matter what happens? I think it is finding the mean, becoming both.

What I am trying to say is: I am yet to find myself and my mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment